Some common types of facial plastic surgery
If looking in the mirror makes you feel too old or too unattractive, facial plastic surgery may be the answer. There are a variety of safe and effective procedures available today to restore youth and beauty, some of which can be performed in the office of the surgeon and need only a few days of recovery time afterward. Here are some common types of facial plastic surgery:
- Lip enhancement. There are two kinds of lip enhancement — lip augmentation, which makes the lips fuller, and lip lifts, which perfects the balance between the upper and lower lips.
- Neck lift. This procedure removes loose skin and fat from under the jaw.
- Facial implants. These implants add balance and definition to the chin and cheeks.
- Malar pad lift. This procedure elevates the pads of subcutaneous fat in the cheeks, creating a more youthful appearance.
Rewards and risks
In a world where too many of us still judge others by physical attractiveness, a cosmetic surgeon can not only improve how others feel about you, but how you feel about yourself. But just as looking the way you want to look can restore confidence, a surgery that yields results you are not pleased with can have the opposite effect. And it is hard to go online these days without being subjected to some clickbait headline with a photograph showing the horrifying outcomes of Hollywood plastic surgery gone wrong.
Strange as it may seem, the cure for unsatisfactory plastic surgery is in fact better plastic surgery, performed by a cosmetic surgeon who knows how to refine the work of other surgeons. So if you have undergone plastic surgery that left you less than satisfied with the results, now is not the time to give up. Properly done, facial plastic surgery should not look stretched or operated-on, but naturally youthful and beautiful.
Charlotte’s most experienced facial plastic surgeon
If you want to explore the possibilities of facial plastic surgery, the first step in the process is to talk with an expert, discussing what improvements you want to your face and how they should be made. It may be that a simple skincare procedure, such as laser skin rejuvenation or the use of injectable fillers, can do everything you need. If you do decide on surgery, you will want it to be done by someone with a lot of experience.
- Sean Freeman, MD, is the most experienced facial plastic surgeon in Charlotte. He has practiced only facial plastic surgery since 1988, including improvements to plastic surgery done by other surgeons. If you are interested in using modern medicine to improve your appearance, make an appointment or request an online consultation today.
Contact Dr. Sean Freeman at Only Faces, Charlotte’s most experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and top facial plastic surgeon, to schedule a consultation to find out what procedure is right for you. Call today.