The best facial surgeon in Charlotte NC
Choosing the Right Cosmetic Surgeon
These guidelines can help you find the best facial surgeon in the southeast. First, you will need to do a little research, and then you will want to interview two or three surgeons, whose specialties center around facial rejuvenation. The surgeons should be board certified, and members of one of these professional organizations:
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- The American Board of Otolaryngology (head and neck surgery)
There may be qualified surgeons in other professional organizations, but these two groups certify doctors to perform cosmetic facial surgery. A quick search on the internet can verify the surgeon’s board certification, education, and license. You will also be able to check whether disciplinary action has been taken against the surgeon. Ask friends for referrals, if you know anyone who has ever had a facelift or similar procedure. You can also ask for an opinion from your family doctor.
Remember, cosmetic surgery is a highly competitive field, so you will discover a myriad of marketing material from clinics and spas. Speaking and interviewing surgeons will give you a very good idea of the doctor who may be the best choice for your particular issues. It is important to choose someone who makes you feel at ease, and who seems to understand your needs, but your results are going to be directly related to the surgeon’s skill level.
Ask him or her about their training, and what procedures are their specialty. Consider a few other questions to consider before selecting your cosmetic surgeon:
- How many time has the surgeon performed your desired procedures?
- Does the surgeon use a certified surgical facility with board-certified anesthesiologists and up-to-date equipment and monitoring devices?
- Are you allowed to see before and after pictures of previous patients?
- Are computer images available for you and the surgeon to discuss together?
- Ask yourself if the surgeon encourages you to ask questions?
- Always ask about your financial responsibility if a second surgery is needed.
Dr. Sean Freeman of Charlotte NC is certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology. He has practiced facial plastic surgery since 1988. To benefit from Dr. Freeman’s many years of experience, you can request your consultation online. Call his office and ask for the best facial surgeon in the southeast.