What is a nose job consultation?
A rhinoplasty consultation is an interview as well as a learning experience. It is the turning point where you can see what the surgery can do for you. It will be an open discussion, in which you and Dr. Freeman will answer three questions:
- Is the operation the best option for me?
- Which will be the right procedure?
- Am I comfortable with the surgeon who will perform my procedure?
A consultation can last a couple of hours. Here’s what your initial consultation should include.
Visiting the rhinoplasty clinic in Charlotte NC
You may receive the paperwork in advance, or you may have to spend some time filling out the forms. This may sound boring, but it may save time when you are with your surgeon. Be detailed and honest with your medical records. You must declare any medications, supplements, or recreational drugs that you are using, even for alcohol or smoking.
Charlotte’s most experienced rhinoplasty surgeon has questions
Now is the time to meet the plastic surgeon. Dr. Freeman will be your surgeon, and he is a double board certified surgeon that will perform your procedure. In this stage, you can talk about:
- What you want to change about your nose, and the reasons
- Your goals: How you want to look like and feel after rhinoplasty
- Which nose job procedure you think will help achieve your goals
- What’s will happen during the surgery such as anesthesia, incision location and recovery period
- Risks and complications with rhinoplasty
- Your medical history
Dr. Freeman has told many patients he can’t help at this stage when they try to avoid something.
Asking the best rhinoplasty questions
You should also ask questions about the procedure, credentials and experience. Here’s a sample to ask Dr. Freeman
- How long have you been performing rhinoplasty?
- How often do you perform the procedure you are having?
- Are there other options, and what results could I expect?
These are a brief sample of things to ask. There will be many more you think of as you are speaking to Dr. Freeman.
The next steps with your Charlotte NC plastic surgeon
Don’t feel obligated to decide if you aren’t sure about your rhinoplasty. Plastic surgery is a serious business, so you need to go home and think about it. If you haven’t already spoken to Dr. Freeman from Only Faces, you can contact him and arrange your initial consultation.
With all the above, you have plenty of information about what to ask and what he will ask you.
One thing you will know, you have Charlotte’s most experienced facial plastic surgeon of Only Faces sat in the consultation with you.
The hardest step to having rhinoplasty is having this first meeting. Once you are at this step, and you find you are a suitable candidate, and then it is comfortable knowing you have the best surgeon assisting you all the way.