Post-rhinoplasty recovery tips
Some useful post-rhinoplasty recovery tips
Even before you go in for a nose job, it might be a good idea to review some post-rhinoplasty recovery tips. This is because the recovery period from rhinoplasty takes several weeks, will involve some changes in lifestyle during that time, and how this period goes will do a lot to determine the success of failure of a procedure you’ve spent a lot of your own money on.
- First, continue to stay away from the following: any form of nicotine, aspirin, ibuprofen, vitamin E supplements or any herbal supplement that might cause blood thinning.
- Second, be sure to take your pain medication and antibiotics during the first few days, when the pain and risk of infection will be greatest.
- Third, drink plenty of fluids and get lots of sleep, keeping your head elevated.
- Fourth, breathe through your mouth as much as you can. You may want lip balm for this.
- Fifth, try to avoid bending over, hard exercise and lifting anything heavier than about seven pounds. This is to keep the blood pressure in your head even.
- Sixth, don’t sneeze or blow your nose. This one is very important — we take sneezing for granted so much we forget just how much force it involves, but it’s too much for healing tissues. In order to do this, stay away from allergens, avoid any people who might have a cold or the flu, and wash your hands often.
Charlotte’s most experienced rhinoplasty surgeon
Dr. Sean Freeman is the best surgeon to ask for post-rhinoplasty recovery tips in Charlotte NC. He’s been certified by two different surgery boards, the American Board of Otolaryngology (head and neck surgery) and the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Since 1988 he has done nothing but facial plastic surgery, including nose jobs. Many of his patients have already had rhinoplasty done by other surgeons, and come to him for revision rhinoplasty to get the results they really wanted. If you’re interested in having a nose job done, schedule your appointment today or ask for online consultation to get a discount on the fee.