Why do I need this procedure?
A face lift procedure helps Charlotte, NC patients by tightening the skin and reducing the appearance of folds and sagging. When performed by a skilled surgeon who understands your anatomy and aesthetic goals, a face lift can effectively smooth away the following concerns
Dr. Freeman conducts many different procedures and is double-board certified. If you need to know more about having the best facial plastic surgeon in the region caring for you, you can learn more below.
How does age affect your skin?
The quality of our skin diminishes as a part of the natural aging process.
- Over time, facial skin can become rough, wrinkly, and discolored due to genetics, sun exposure, and other aging factors.
- Mature skin also loses elastin and collagen, essential proteins that provide our skin with elasticity and strength.
- A lack of elastin and collagen diminishes the skin’s ability to bounce back, causing it to become slack and thin.
How can a Charlotte, NC face lift combat signs of aging?
- Sagging cheeks and nasal folds
- Loose skin following the jawline
- Loose skin on top of the neck
- Fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth
How do you maintain results with Charlotte’s most experienced facial plastic surgeon?
Skin continually changes with time. Therefore, once you’ve achieved the rejuvenating benefits of a face lift, you can help maintain your more youthful appearance by following these easy tips:
- Wear sunscreen. The sun’s UV rays can harm the skin and accelerate the aging process. Wearing sunscreen after a face lift will help prevent brown spots and discoloration.
- Drink plenty of water. The skin is an organ, and it needs water to function correctly. After a facelift, it’s particularly important to stay well hydrated so the skin can maintain moisture and extend the benefits.
- Stick to a skincare routine. To help skin retain its youthful look; it’s essential to follow a post-surgery skincare routine.
- Foods such as citrus fruit, strawberries, and broccoli are ideal for clean skin, while salmon and dark chocolate help prevent wrinkles. After surgery, reducing sugar, milk, and spicy foods can help maintain a new, beautiful appearance.
- Quit smoking. Smoking leads to complications in surgery and slow down recovery, but it can also negatively affect the longevity of your face lift. Smoking displaces oxygen in your skin, reduces blood flow, and depletes many essential nutrients.
Charlotte, NC facial plastic surgery, where can I find it?
While you may be willing to undergo the procedure, there are currently several changes, and Dr. Freeman, instead of a face-to-face consultation, is conducting virtual consultations so that patients do not waste time.
While this may appear inconvenient, it can eventually speed up the process as Dr. Freeman, with double certification; can initiate his analysis before he performs an in-depth skin examination.
If you are ready for the next step, please contact Only Faces and arrange a virtual consultation with Charlotte’s most experienced plastic surgeon, Dr. Freeman of Only Faces. He is the best expert for a face lift and can provide further advice about before and during the procedure and more to help you recover faster.