Facelift is a surgical procedure that aims to minimize the effects of aging on your face in Charlotte, NC. This cosmetic procedure does not involve a brow lift. However, you can have both surgeries at the same time. The human skin loses its elastic properties as age increases. The skin on the face begins to sag, and wrinkles start to appear. Getting a facelift will help to tighten your facial tissues. This cosmetic procedure will help to smooth out wrinkles and get rid of excess skin. It mostly concentrates on the lower part of the face and the neck as well.
Preparing for an appointment with the best facelift surgeon in Charlotte, NC
- You will undergo a medical history review and examination: You will need to answer questions about your past medical conditions and surgeries before performing a facelift. You will also talk about the medications you use. These medications could be prescription drugs, vitamins, herbal remedies, among others. The doctor will check your body to see if there are any concerns about you undergoing surgery. Expect to provide any relevant medical records.
- The surgeon will take photos of your face: Your surgeon will snap pictures of your face from various positions and angles. The medical personnel will also examine the shape of your face and the overall quality of your skin. This will give the surgeon a better view of how to conduct the surgery.
- Expect to discuss your fears and expectations: Your surgeon in Charlotte, NC will tell you what this surgery can do and what it can’t do. You will also answer questions about your expectations from the surgery. If you have any fears, the surgeon will assure you that nothing will go wrong.
What are the things I should do before a facelift surgery?
- Obey any instructions concerning medication: Your doctor will give you instructions about what drugs you have to stop for a while before the surgery. Sometimes, you will need to cut down the dosage of some medicines.
- You will wash your face and hair on the morning of the surgery. It will help to get rid of germs.
- Your doctor will restrict you from eating before the surgery: On the night before your surgery in Charlotte, NC, you will need to stop eating. However, your doctor will still allow you to take water and other approved drugs.
- Get someone to drive you home after the surgery: You will feel weak after the surgery. Make plans available for any help. Get a close friend or family member to drive you home after the surgery.
Best facelift surgeon in Charlotte, NC
You don’t need to struggle with aging-related issues. If you need a facelift in Charlotte, NC, reach Charlotte’s most experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon. You will get a youthful, glowing, and fresher face. Contact Dr. Sean Freeman at Only Faces, Charlotte’s most experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and top facial plastic surgeon to find which the best procedure for you is, and how to proceed.