Facial plastic surgery offers a laser aesthetic to clear your skin
Facial plastic surgery offers a laser aesthetic which is a type of skincare procedure that is done by our skilled professionals. This procedure is used to help improve the texture and appearance of your skin.
Your doctor may recommend using either a non-ablative or ablative laser depending on your needs. An ablative laser will include either Erbium or carbon dioxide (CO2). CO2 laser treatments are performed to remove warts, scars, and deep wrinkles. For other superficial skin concerns such as finer lines and wrinkles, your doctor will use Erbium. The outside layers of your skin will be removed with both kinds of ablative lasers.
On the other hand, a non-ablative laser does not remove any layers of the skin. These types of lasers include pulsed-dyed lasers, pulsed light, and fractional lasers. These lasers are used to treat spider veins, rosacea, and acne-related skin concerns.
How to prepare for treatment
You should first have a consultation with your doctor to see if you are a good candidate for any treatment.
Your doctor will need to know if you get fever blisters or cold sores around your mouth. Patients who suffer from these will be at risk of a breakout after a laser treatment session.
Your doctor may ask you to not take any supplements or medications if you do decide to go ahead with the laser treatment, such as ibuprofen, aspirin, or vitamin E, these can affect clotting for 10 days before your procedure.
If you are a smoker you will need to stop for two weeks before and after your treatment because smoking can prolong any healing.
If you’re prone to fever blisters or cold sores, before your procedure, your doctor may prescribe antiviral medications and antibiotics to prevent any bacterial infections.
What to expect
Laser skin aesthetic targets the outer layer of the skin and at the same time heating the lower layers called the dermis. This promoted the promotion of collagen in the skin.
This will result in new skin that has a smoother texture and a firmer touch thanks to the new collagen fibers.
Your procedure will have the following steps:
- Your skin will need to be prepared before the laser procedure. Several weeks before your procedure you will have a series of treatments done to your skin. This is done to raise the tolerance of your skin to professional treatments. Side effects to your skin will also be reduced at the same time.
- Your doctor will use a topical anesthetic to the area that will be treated on the day of the procedure. This will make you more comfortable during the procedure and reduce any pain. Your doctor may suggest pain pills or a sedative if a larger area of skin is being treated.
- The skin will then be cleaned to remove any excess dirt, oil, and bacteria.
- Using the selected laser, the doctor will start the treatment. The laser will be moved around the designated area of the skin slowly.
- Lastly, to help protect your skin at the end of your procedure, the doctor will dress the treated area in wraps.
The best facial plastic surgery in Charlotte NC
Facial plastic surgery in Charlotte NC suggests since the procedure is a very delicate one, it will be very important to work with a very experienced doctor. We are Charlotte’s most experienced facial plastic surgeon.
Contact Dr. Sean Freeman at Only Faces, Charlotte’s most experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and top facial plastic surgeon to schedule a consultation to find out what procedure is right for you. Call today.