Eyelift surgery is a procedure performed on people to remove saggy skin from the eyelids. It is otherwise known as eyelid surgery. People get eyelift surgery either for medical or cosmetic reasons. It is a way to improve eyesight in older people. This surgery promotes a youthful and energetic appearance. As we grow older, different changes begin to occur in the body. A typical result is that the upper and lower eyelids start getting baggy. The eyebrows can also sag as part of this process. The eyelid skin begins to stretch, and its muscles weaken. You may also have a hereditary condition that makes this happen to you at a younger age. These factors affect the overall appearance of the face. It also gives people a fatigued look. Baggy upper and lower eyelid makes it difficult to wear glasses or contact lenses. If you feel a need to get eyelid surgery in Charlotte, NC, reach quality medical care.
How do I prepare for an eyelift surgery?
It’s not tasking to prepare for eyelid surgery in Charlotte, NC. Ask your doctor whether you will be getting general or local anesthesia for your operation. For local anesthesia, you will not be unconscious during the procedure. However, the region close to your eyes will be numbed with a drug from an injection. You won’t feel pain. You will need general anesthesia if you want to undergo other cosmetic surgeries at a time. Expect to receive an intravenous injection that will knock you to sleep. You will be unconscious throughout the process. The complexity of your surgery determines the duration you will spend asleep.
If your doctor recommends general anesthesia, you may have to take these steps.
- Don’t take any medication that can prevent your blood from clotting usually. This could be pain relievers like aspirin and ibuprofen. This will cut down the risks of excess bleeding during the surgery. Stop any of these medications one or two weeks to the operation.
- Don’t eat any dense food the evening before your eyelift procedure.
- Don’t eat or drink at midnight before the surgery.
- On the morning of the procedure, the doctor will give you some medications to take with a little water. These medications will help with blood pressure.
- Do not wear any makeup on the day of surgery.
- Don’t drive home by yourself after the surgery. Get a close friend or family member to do that for you. You should also not be alone a few hours after your surgery.
Hiring the best eye lift surgery experts in Charlotte, NC
Saggy eyelids can be a concern for many people, either for cosmetic or medical reasons. If you need an eyelift in Charlotte, NC, reach Charlotte’s most experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon. You should expect a brighter and fresher appearance. Contact Dr. Sean Freeman at Only Faces, Charlotte’s most experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and top facial plastic surgeon to find which the best procedure for you is, and how to proceed.